Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
Type: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Kirkland, QC
- Would you be interested in becoming the CCO Controller at a ferociously client-focused Montreal-based wealth management firm?
- Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a harmonious, team-oriented culture, where we encourage and support personal and professional growth?
- Do you possess a keen intellectual curiosity, with a love to learn for learning’s sake?
If so, please read on to learn more about our new CCO position.
Founded in 1995, Tulett, Matthews & Associates is an independent, Montreal-based firm that empowers Canadian professionals, executives, entrepreneurs, and retirees through our integrated wealth management solutions. Our tailored services include portfolio management, financial planning, tax planning, and additional care as warranted.
At the heart of our success is our client focus, exemplified through objective advice, integrated planning, and evidence-based strategies – all delivered with a personal touch.
More than just a place to learn from the best, we are committed to providing you with exceptional mentorship, training, and development opportunities. We’re located in the West Island of Montreal, in a professional, bright workspace offering a positive atmosphere, ample parking, and convenient accessibility to public transport and amenities.
About the Opportunity
The Chief Compliance Officer role is primarily focused on the compliance oversight of our wealth management firm. This is not a full-time role and as such, and depending on the candidate, we have the flexibility to combine this role with other roles such as Controller.
The Chief Compliance Officer role is divided into three main areas:
- Firmwide compliance oversight
- Firmwide compliance training
- Ongoing regulatory compliance
Specific tasks include:
- Review of Daily activity report
- Cash flows
- Approved securities
- Staff trades
- Free capital and bank reconciliation review
- Filing Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF) report with AMF
- File Complaints attestation with AMF (Jan, Jul)
- CCO letter to the board (Jan)
- Review and approve Year end statement to AMF (Jan)
- LEI Renewal (Aug)
- Staff code of Ethics and Annual OBA attestations (Dec)
- AML Firm risk assessment
Periodic or on-going:
Review new account onboarding procedures
- Onboarding Know your client form (KYC)
- Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Custodian account applications
- Valid ID and void cheque
- AML & CTF search & identification
- Credit check
- Dual process
- PEP, PEFP, HIO & close associates
- Consolidated Cdn. Autonomous Sanctions list
- KYC, KYP and suitability reviews
- Address FATCA/CRS question from Staff
- Provincial risk assessments
- Prepare staff compliance training sessions – New employee, general compliance, AML, Client Focused Reforms (KYC, KYP & suitability).
- Address staff questions
- Prepare and present requests from regulatory auditors
- Attend regulatory conferences (PMAC)
- File staff registrations, OBA’s on NRD system through AUM Law.
- Continuing education on regulatory developments
- Policy & Procedures manual review and updates.
- The candidate should have a professional designation as a CPA, CFA, Lawyer or Notary and have passed the PDO Exam or the CCO Qualifying Exam along with the relevant experience in the securities industry, OR
- Have 5 years’ experience in the securities industry, including 36 months in a compliance capacity and have passed the PDO Exam or the CCO Qualifying Exam
- Ability to work in a client focused, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual verbal skills
- Proficient and comfortable in office technology.
The successful candidate will work in our office, meeting with clients face-to-face or through electronic means. As COVID 19 diminishes, the work will be mostly at the office, however, you will have the option to work from home one day per week. Should any COVID restrictions be in place during tax-season, the work can be done in a hybrid schedule.
- A competitive base salary and the possibility of bonuses based on firm performance
- Annual RRSP Contribution ($3,000/yr. up to 10 years and $5,000/yr. thereafter)
- Dental, health, drug, vision benefits
- Free on-site parking
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Two additional days off at Christmas holidays
- Paid sick days
- Emergency family support days
- Professional development courses covered