Type: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Kirkland, QC
- Would you be interested in becoming the Controller at a ferociously client-focused Montreal-based wealth management firm?
- Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a harmonious, team-oriented culture, where we encourage and support personal and professional growth?
- Do you possess a keen intellectual curiosity, with a love to learn for learning’s sake?
If so, please read on to learn more about our Controller position.
Founded in 1995, Tulett, Matthews & Associates is an independent, Montreal-based firm that empowers Canadian professionals, executives, entrepreneurs, and retirees through our integrated wealth management solutions. Our tailored services include portfolio management, financial planning, tax planning, and additional care as warranted.
At the heart of our success is our client focus, exemplified through objective advice, integrated planning, and evidence-based strategies – all delivered with a personal touch.
More than just a place to learn from the best, we are committed to providing you with exceptional mentorship, training, and development opportunities. We’re located in the West Island of Montreal, in a professional, bright workspace offering a positive atmosphere, ample parking, and convenient accessibility to public transport and amenities.
About the Opportunity
The Controller role is primary focused on managing the financial operations of the firm right from the daily aspects of accounting for income, expenses and capital assets, to filing the yearend reporting to our regulators. This is not a full-time role and as such, and depending on the candidate, we have the flexibility to combine this role with other roles such as Tax Preparer and/or Chief Compliance Officer.
A list of some of the main duties is as follows:
- Review banking operations – oversee credit cards (LOC)
- Day to day bill payment, bookkeeping in Sage accounting environment.
- Monthly ICPM fee reconciliation.
- Maintain payroll records as needed
- Processing of invoicing and overseeing collections for tax & planning services
- Semi-monthly payroll (payroll service)
- Monthly Free capital calculations and bank reconciliations for CCO review
- Maintain corporate credit cards
- GST/QST/QST filings and payments
- DAS submission & corporate installments
- Quarterly financial report to the partners
- OSC participation fee calculation
- Insurance renewal – bonds and professional responsibility
- Prepare and oversee annual external audit
- Year-end adjustments (IFRS 16)
- T2 preparation and coordination with auditor
- Year-end AMF reporting
- Bonus calculation & group insurance
- Budget preparation
- Maintain filing records
- The candidate should have a CPA designation with 3-5 years experience in managing financial and business operations.
- Should have experience in the daily, monthly and quarterly responsibilities noted the job description
- Proficient in either Sage account, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a client focused, fast -paced and dynamic environment
- Effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient and comfortable in office technology.
The successful candidate will work in our office, meeting with clients face-to-face or through electronic means. As COVID 19 diminishes, the work will be mostly at the office, however, you will have the option to work from home one day per week. Should any COVID restrictions be in place during tax-season, the work can be done in a hybrid schedule.
- A competitive base salary and the possibility of bonuses based on firm performance
- Annual RRSP Contribution ($3,000/yr. up to 10 years and $5,000/yr. thereafter)
- Dental, health, drug, vision benefits
- Free on-site parking
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Two additional days off at Christmas holidays
- Paid sick days
- Emergency family support days
- Professional development courses covered
Please submit your cover letter and resume here: