Tax Professional Pursuing a Wealth Management Career
Type: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Kirkland, QC
- Would you be interested in becoming a valued tax professional at a ferociously client-focused Montreal-based wealth management firm?
- Is your calling, like ours, to serve as a proactive problem-solver, applying active listening and diligent follow-through to help us prioritize our clients’ financial well-being?
- Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a harmonious, team-oriented culture, where we encourage and support personal and professional growth?
- Do you possess a keen intellectual curiosity, with a love to learn for learning’s sake?
If so, please read on to learn more about our new tax professional position.
Founded in 1995, Tulett, Matthews & Associates is an independent, Montreal-based firm that empowers Canadian professionals, executives, entrepreneurs, and retirees through our integrated wealth management solutions. Our tailored services include portfolio management, financial planning, tax planning, and additional care as warranted.
At the heart of our success is our client focus, exemplified through objective advice, integrated planning, and evidence-based strategies – all delivered with a personal touch.
More than just a place to learn from the best, we are committed to providing you with exceptional mentorship, training, and development opportunities. We’re located in the West Island of Montreal, in a professional, bright workspace offering a positive atmosphere, ample parking, and convenient accessibility to public transport and amenities.
About the Opportunity
This role is ideal for a highly professional and qualified seasonal Tax Preparer with a strong ability to analyze and solve problems, communicate with different types of clients, and management. This is not a full-time role and as such, and depending on the candidate, we have the flexibility to combine this role with other roles such as Business Development Officer and/or Company Controller.
- Preparing and filing simple and complex T1, T2 & T3 tax returns, company’s year-end closing as well as filing annual tax reports including T1135’s, clearance certificates, principal residence exemption etc.
- Ensuring clients comply with federal and provincial tax laws
- Interacting with the firm’s investment managers and interviewing clients to get an exact picture of the client’s tax situation
- Responding to CRA and MRQ notices
- Assisting in providing exceptional client-services to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and increase client satisfaction by solving their taxation issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Following all company procedures regarding information handling to ensure client confidentiality
- Staying and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of latest tax laws, regulations and changes as well as researching tax questions.
- On-demand post tax-season preparation and follow up with CRA/MRQ requests and document requests
- Act as a resource person for our in-house financial planner and portfolio managers with regard to personal, corporate holding-companies and trust planning.
- Supervision of a tax preparation assistant
- The candidate should have a CPA designation with 3-5 years of personal, corporate and Trust tax return preparation.
- Possess strong knowledge of tax codes and technical aspects of tax preparations and compliance.
- Proficient in either Sage account, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a client focused, fast -paced and dynamic environment
- Effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual verbal skills
- Proficient and comfortable in office technology.
- Experience with Dr. Tax is a strong asset.
The successful candidate will work in our office, meeting with clients face-to-face or through electronic means. As COVID 19 diminishes, the work will be mostly at the office, however, you will have the option to work from home one day per week. Should any COVID restrictions be in place during tax-season, the work can be done in a hybrid schedule.
- A competitive base salary and the possibility of bonuses based on firm performance
- Annual RRSP Contribution ($3,000/yr. up to 10 years and $5,000/yr. thereafter)
- Dental, health, drug, vision benefits
- Free on-site parking
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Two additional days off at Christmas holidays
- Paid sick days
- Emergency family support days
- Professional development courses covered
Please submit your cover letter and resume here: