Understanding Robo-Advisors – Pros, Cons & Dilemmas
About This Episode
- Lawrence’s background and journey into wealth management (1:38)
- What is a robo-advisor? (4:00)
- Advantages of using a robo-advisor (6:04)
- Why robo-advisors create more opportunities for Canadian investors (7:19)
- Drawbacks of investing with a robo-advisor (8:34)
- Understanding the limits of robo-advisors (10:20)
- How Lawrence helps our young investors to get started with Wealthsimple (12:13)
- Young investors’ experiences using Wealthsimple (13:12)
- Comparing Wealthsimple and Tangerine (14:55
- The value of empathy in investing (16:05)
- Feedback from young investors about using robo-advisors (17:01)
- How robo-advisors are democratizing access to investing (19:01)
- The three doors of Wealthsimple (21:18)
- Why robo-advisor platforms can end up distracting investors (22:34)
- The slippery slope of the core and explore portfolio strategy (24:11)
- Creating market value at the expense of the end-user (25:36)
- The negative effect of the gamification of investing (26:54)
- Our key takeaways for Canadian investors (28:40)
Thanks for Listening!
Do emotions play a pivotal role in shaping our financial choices, and influencing our long-term outcomes? We deep dive into this book to learn more!
Lifestyle creep—a subtle increase in expenses as income grows—could be impacting your financial future and threatening your retirement more than you realize.
Retirement has the potential to be the happiest phase of one’s life. Learn how retirees can uncover their unique paths to a gratifying and purposeful retirement.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.