Delta variant & investor implications
About This Episode
Emotions and investing are not a great cocktail.
As we head into the last quarter of 2021, there is plenty of uncertainty in the economic environment being fueled by the unpredictable Delta variant.
Volatile markets and uncertain consumer trends may have you feeling like you need to jump in and react. Today we’re helping you navigate the current economic climate by looking at what you need to know about the Delta variant and the do’s and dont’s for investors.
In this episode, Marcelo, Ruben and Keith talk about how the Delta variant has impacted investors so far, what we’ve seen in the bond and stock markets, the pitfalls you need to avoid as an investor, why your investment philosophy is your biggest asset, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
- What is the Delta variant? (1:26)
- The Delta variant’s impact on investors so far (2:36)
- How uncertainty and emotion are reflected in the economy (4:22)
- The bond market’s reaction to the Delta variant (6:30)
- Rotations in the stock market (7:35)
- Factors that have helped the stock market to keep going up as a whole (10:07)
- Should you get out of the stock market? (13:13)
- The problem with making reactive financial decisions (14:54)
- Changing your investment style (16:11)
- Short-term thinking and emotional decisions (17:38)
- Relying on your investment philosophy (19:24)
- Pitfalls for investors to avoid in the current economic climate (20:06)
- Our key takeaways for investors (22:02)
- Our upcoming French podcast, L’investisseur Transformé (23:34)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
On this episode, Marcelo, Lawrence and Keith discuss how robo-advisors work, the opportunities that robo-advisors have created for Canadian investors, the advantages and risks of using a robo-advisor, and so much more!
With increasing global connectedness, the world today is smaller than it’s ever been. Countries are coming together to share information in a global trend towards greater transparency and with that, undeclared assets are much more likely to be discovered. So if you’ve found yourself in a situation with undeclared assets, what can you do to get on the right side of things?
We discuss key factors that play a role in the increased net worth of Canadians as well as the latest inflation numbers and how they impact your finances.