Delta variant & investor implications
About This Episode
Emotions and investing are not a great cocktail.
As we head into the last quarter of 2021, there is plenty of uncertainty in the economic environment being fueled by the unpredictable Delta variant.
Volatile markets and uncertain consumer trends may have you feeling like you need to jump in and react. Today we’re helping you navigate the current economic climate by looking at what you need to know about the Delta variant and the do’s and dont’s for investors.
In this episode, Marcelo, Ruben and Keith talk about how the Delta variant has impacted investors so far, what we’ve seen in the bond and stock markets, the pitfalls you need to avoid as an investor, why your investment philosophy is your biggest asset, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
- What is the Delta variant? (1:26)
- The Delta variant’s impact on investors so far (2:36)
- How uncertainty and emotion are reflected in the economy (4:22)
- The bond market’s reaction to the Delta variant (6:30)
- Rotations in the stock market (7:35)
- Factors that have helped the stock market to keep going up as a whole (10:07)
- Should you get out of the stock market? (13:13)
- The problem with making reactive financial decisions (14:54)
- Changing your investment style (16:11)
- Short-term thinking and emotional decisions (17:38)
- Relying on your investment philosophy (19:24)
- Pitfalls for investors to avoid in the current economic climate (20:06)
- Our key takeaways for investors (22:02)
- Our upcoming French podcast, L’investisseur Transformé (23:34)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
We discuss the looming possibility of a recession and how you can successfully manage your investment portfolio through uncertain financial times.
A good evaluation goes beyond a financial advisor’s performance and lets you get a sense of their processes, structure and the people helping you.
What’s the marker or gauge to value financial advice? How do investors value the benefits they receive when working with a financial advisor or advisory firm?