Delta variant & investor implications
About This Episode
Emotions and investing are not a great cocktail.
As we head into the last quarter of 2021, there is plenty of uncertainty in the economic environment being fueled by the unpredictable Delta variant.
Volatile markets and uncertain consumer trends may have you feeling like you need to jump in and react. Today we’re helping you navigate the current economic climate by looking at what you need to know about the Delta variant and the do’s and dont’s for investors.
In this episode, Marcelo, Ruben and Keith talk about how the Delta variant has impacted investors so far, what we’ve seen in the bond and stock markets, the pitfalls you need to avoid as an investor, why your investment philosophy is your biggest asset, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
- What is the Delta variant? (1:26)
- The Delta variant’s impact on investors so far (2:36)
- How uncertainty and emotion are reflected in the economy (4:22)
- The bond market’s reaction to the Delta variant (6:30)
- Rotations in the stock market (7:35)
- Factors that have helped the stock market to keep going up as a whole (10:07)
- Should you get out of the stock market? (13:13)
- The problem with making reactive financial decisions (14:54)
- Changing your investment style (16:11)
- Short-term thinking and emotional decisions (17:38)
- Relying on your investment philosophy (19:24)
- Pitfalls for investors to avoid in the current economic climate (20:06)
- Our key takeaways for investors (22:02)
- Our upcoming French podcast, L’investisseur Transformé (23:34)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112
Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more!
Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Building Confidence Through Annual Review Meetings
Effective client meetings are about transparency and empowering investors to move forward confidently and with a clear vision of their financial future.
Should you Die with Zero?
You’ve worked hard for your money, and you should optimize it by maximizing the life experiences that bring you purpose and fulfilment – in today’s podcast we discuss Bill Perkins’ book around this concept.
2022 Financial Year in Review and Looking Ahead for 2023
Investors who maintained perspective and long-term discipline by committing to a fundamentally sound investment plan were able to weather through the periods of market uncertainty and stay on the path to building wealth.
Stay up to date with the latest episodes and posts
3535 St-Charles Blvd.