Delta variant & investor implications
About This Episode
Emotions and investing are not a great cocktail.
As we head into the last quarter of 2021, there is plenty of uncertainty in the economic environment being fueled by the unpredictable Delta variant.
Volatile markets and uncertain consumer trends may have you feeling like you need to jump in and react. Today we’re helping you navigate the current economic climate by looking at what you need to know about the Delta variant and the do’s and dont’s for investors.
In this episode, Marcelo, Ruben and Keith talk about how the Delta variant has impacted investors so far, what we’ve seen in the bond and stock markets, the pitfalls you need to avoid as an investor, why your investment philosophy is your biggest asset, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
- What is the Delta variant? (1:26)
- The Delta variant’s impact on investors so far (2:36)
- How uncertainty and emotion are reflected in the economy (4:22)
- The bond market’s reaction to the Delta variant (6:30)
- Rotations in the stock market (7:35)
- Factors that have helped the stock market to keep going up as a whole (10:07)
- Should you get out of the stock market? (13:13)
- The problem with making reactive financial decisions (14:54)
- Changing your investment style (16:11)
- Short-term thinking and emotional decisions (17:38)
- Relying on your investment philosophy (19:24)
- Pitfalls for investors to avoid in the current economic climate (20:06)
- Our key takeaways for investors (22:02)
- Our upcoming French podcast, L’investisseur Transformé (23:34)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
Marcelo Taboada and co-Host Lawrence Greenberg are joined by Ryan (20) and Matthew (17) for today’s episode. Ryan and Matt share their refreshing perspectives on saving and investing. They talk about the important role social media plays in introducing young people to investing, the key lessons they’ve learned, their best advice for other young people, and so much more!
In this episode, Marcelo and Keith talk about why the current inflation rates are a problem, how we got here, the big debate on how long these rates will last, implications for you as an investor, and so much more!
In this episode, Matthew and Keith talk about why third party custodians are crucial partners for PM firms, how discount brokerages can afford to offer no trading fees, the latest trends Matthew has identified from his work with PM firms across the country, succession planning in PM firms, and so much more!