Delta variant & investor implications
About This Episode
Emotions and investing are not a great cocktail.
As we head into the last quarter of 2021, there is plenty of uncertainty in the economic environment being fueled by the unpredictable Delta variant.
Volatile markets and uncertain consumer trends may have you feeling like you need to jump in and react. Today we’re helping you navigate the current economic climate by looking at what you need to know about the Delta variant and the do’s and dont’s for investors.
In this episode, Marcelo, Ruben and Keith talk about how the Delta variant has impacted investors so far, what we’ve seen in the bond and stock markets, the pitfalls you need to avoid as an investor, why your investment philosophy is your biggest asset, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
- What is the Delta variant? (1:26)
- The Delta variant’s impact on investors so far (2:36)
- How uncertainty and emotion are reflected in the economy (4:22)
- The bond market’s reaction to the Delta variant (6:30)
- Rotations in the stock market (7:35)
- Factors that have helped the stock market to keep going up as a whole (10:07)
- Should you get out of the stock market? (13:13)
- The problem with making reactive financial decisions (14:54)
- Changing your investment style (16:11)
- Short-term thinking and emotional decisions (17:38)
- Relying on your investment philosophy (19:24)
- Pitfalls for investors to avoid in the current economic climate (20:06)
- Our key takeaways for investors (22:02)
- Our upcoming French podcast, L’investisseur Transformé (23:34)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
In this episode, Steve and Keith talk about what it means to have a supply issue in the housing market, the effect of current policies around housing, why the supply side needs to be addressed, policy changes that are needed to create more affordable housing options, and so much more!
In this episode, Marcelo and Keith talk about how to manage money during turbulent times. We explore the research around the performance of tactical asset allocation strategies, why these “opportunity funds” are appealing to many investors, how balanced funds perform compared to tactical allocation, key strategies you can use to weather the storm of volatile markets, and so much more!
On this episode, Hugh and I talk about the advantages of contributing to a retirement savings plan (RSP), the general rule to keep in mind for tax deductions, the benefits of working with a tax professional, the hefty penalties that stem from incorrect and incomplete filings, how you can be proactive when it comes to your taxes, what to do if you realize you’ve made a mistake, and so much more!