Tax Planning for Medical Professionals with Riccardo Zerbino
About This Episode
- Welcome Riccardo (3:52)
- Early career challenges for young doctors (5:19)
- Potential benefits of delaying repayment of student loans from medical school (6:15)
- How financial professionals can help with cash flow management (7:47)
- The problem with following peer advice on your finances (9:59)
- When doctors should start thinking about incorporation (11:58)
- How tax reforms have impacted professional corporations (14:53)
- Why mid-career doctors should take advantage of RSPs (17:52)
- Mitigating risk by utilizing RSPs (19:28)
- Deciding between taking dividends or a salary (22:13)
- Understanding IPPs (23:34)
- The main advantages of using an IPP (25:36)
- Retirement considerations for doctors with corporations (27:15)
- What doctors need to know about estate planning (28:58)
- Who will benefit from doing an estate freeze? (30:10)
- Family trusts for doctors (32:15)
- The benefits of working with a financial advisor (35:01)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
Lifestyle creep—a subtle increase in expenses as income grows—could be impacting your financial future and threatening your retirement more than you realize.
Retirement has the potential to be the happiest phase of one’s life. Learn how retirees can uncover their unique paths to a gratifying and purposeful retirement.
A reverse mortgage can offer an opportunity to unlock home equity and provide much-needed cash flow. Today we discuss the best candidates and strategies for using them.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.