An Investor Guide to Inflation
About This Episode
- What you need to know about the current rates of inflation (1:49)
- Economic factors driving inflation (2:38)
- The huge jump in gasoline prices (3:19)
- Understanding the 10-year implied inflation rate (4:39)
- Why we’re seeing inflation on the rise (7:03)
- The destructive impact of inflation on our day-to-day lives (9:07)
- Getting perspective on the current inflation rates (12:05)
- How long we can expect inflation rates to stay high (13:38)
- The groups whose income is protected and those who are most vulnerable (16:14)
- Adjusting your expectations as an investor (18:20)
- The benefit of investing in businesses (20:37)
- Day-to-day implications for your budget and savings (22:43)
- Why proper financial planning is more important now than ever (25:29)
- And much more!
In this episode, Edmond and Keith talk about how CPP, QPP and OAS work, the history of these programs and recent reforms, what you need to consider when deciding when to take your pension benefits, how survivor, disability and orphan benefits are calculated, and so much more!
Chasing performance is what happens when you see a stock or sector performing well or other investors reaping big rewards so you decide to buy in at the high levels. It’s not at all a new phenomenon as there are always stocks with new and exciting stories inducing the fear of missing out.
In this episode, Marcelo and Keith talk about geopolitical risk/shock in investing. When we’re facing major geopolitical events, war, health crises, or a recession, many investors’ immediate reaction is that we’ve never seen something like this before. We hear – this time is different. Unfortunately, that often leads investors to make short-term, reactive decisions that ultimately harm their long-term investment plan.