An Investor Guide to Inflation
What to Invest in During High Inflation
Rising prices have become an unavoidable fact of life for most Canadians. You hear about inflation in the news, you see it at the grocery store. Inflation can be an investor’s worst enemy. It has the potential to deteriorate the financial structure you’ve worked so hard to build.
That is no doubt leading many investors to wonder: How can I protect myself against inflation? In general, many experts recommend investing smartly to hedge against inflation.
By understanding what drives inflation, you can take steps to hedge against inflation and protect your financial affairs; despite economic uncertainty. Investors can also use an inflation surge period as a good time to review their overall investment performance and allocation to make sure it aligns with their goals.
In this episode, Marcelo and Keith talk about why the current inflation rates are a problem, how we got here, the big debate on how long these rates will last and implications for you as an investor. They also discuss investment options to consider when thinking about what to invest in to beat inflation.
How to beat inflation as an investor
- What you need to know about the current rates of inflation (1:49)
- Economic factors driving inflation (2:38)
- The huge jump in gasoline prices (3:19)
- Understanding the 10-year implied inflation rate (4:39)
- Why we’re seeing inflation on the rise (7:03)
- The destructive impact of inflation on our day-to-day lives (9:07)
- Getting perspective on the current inflation rates (12:05)
- How long we can expect inflation rates to stay high (13:38)
- The investors whose income is protected and those who are most vulnerable (16:14)
- Adjusting your expectations as an financial investor (18:20)
- The benefit of investing in businesses (20:37)
- Day-to-day implications for your budget and savings (22:43)
- Why proper financial planning is more important now than ever (25:29)
- And much more!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112
Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more!
Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Debunking 8 common tax myths and misunderstandings (part 1)
Countering bad advice, especially during tax season, is crucial. So we reached out to expert and tax specialist Réginald Pierre-Louis to bust several tax myths and give you the facts to help ensure that you file accurate returns. His expertise can help ensure that you receive money the government owes you and avoid penalties for underreporting.
2022 Tax Tips – With Life Long Expert
Every year more complexity is added to the Canadian tax system, making it difficult for taxpayers to keep up to date. Understanding how to properly file your tax return and take advantage of deductions and credits can put more money back in your pocket.
Building Confidence Through Annual Review Meetings
Effective client meetings are about transparency and empowering investors to move forward confidently and with a clear vision of their financial future.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.
3535 St-Charles Blvd.