An Investor Guide to Inflation
About This Episode
- What you need to know about the current rates of inflation (1:49)
- Economic factors driving inflation (2:38)
- The huge jump in gasoline prices (3:19)
- Understanding the 10-year implied inflation rate (4:39)
- Why we’re seeing inflation on the rise (7:03)
- The destructive impact of inflation on our day-to-day lives (9:07)
- Getting perspective on the current inflation rates (12:05)
- How long we can expect inflation rates to stay high (13:38)
- The groups whose income is protected and those who are most vulnerable (16:14)
- Adjusting your expectations as an investor (18:20)
- The benefit of investing in businesses (20:37)
- Day-to-day implications for your budget and savings (22:43)
- Why proper financial planning is more important now than ever (25:29)
- And much more!
We discuss interest rates, inflation, and great ways Canadian investors can approach the bond market with fixed income strategist Sooyeon Mirda of Dimensional Fund Advisors
Without a valid Will, the government is the decision-maker for the future of your children and your assets yet less than 50% of Canadians have a Will in place.
What’s the best investment strategy for an investor during times of high inflation? Should you adjust your portfolio in light of current volatility?