Maximizing Life Satisfaction and Happiness with Author Andrew Hallam
How to Invest and Spend for Happiness, Health and Wealth
As investment professionals, we focus a lot on saving, investing, and retirement planning. But a successful life is about more than just money, it’s about satisfaction and happiness.
Today we’re widening our scope and bringing a sense of purpose to why we work and why we have money. To explore this topic, we’re joined by bestselling author Andrew Hallam who shares his strategies and the research that has been done on how to improve our life satisfaction levels.
Andrew Hallam is the international best-selling author of Millionaire Teacher, The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School, and Millionaire Expat: How To Build Wealth Living Overseas. His latest book, Balance: How to Invest and Spend for Happiness, Health, and Wealth, takes readers on a holistic journey of success: how to spend for happiness, how to invest effectively, how to boost life satisfaction and enhance longevity. It is an insightful guide to spending and investing money not to impress others but to build a life of satisfaction and significance.
Profiled on such media as CNBC, and The Wall Street Journal, he’s also the first person to have a #1 selling finance book on Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, and Amazon UAE. He has written columns for The Globe and Mail, Canadian Business, MoneySense, Internaxx, and AssetBuilder. Since 2016 he has spoken at businesses and international schools in over 30 different countries.
In this episode, Keith, Marcelo, and Andrew talk about why we invest, what success looks like, the four quadrants of success, the importance of connection and relationships, the power of gratitude, saving for experiences, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
How can we boost longevity, wealth and happiness?
- Introducing Andrew Hallam (1:00)
- Why Andrew wrote Balance (5:11)
- Redefining success (7:10)
- Digging into why we invest our money (9:27)
- The four quadrants of success (11:42)
- Spending for happiness and life satisfaction (14:48)
- Why continuously upgrading reduces our life satisfaction (17:04)
- The desert island litmus test (20:18)
- What the Blue Zones teach us about relationships and life satisfaction (23:36)
- The importance of human connection (27:05)
- The happiness curve (30:47)
- Recognizing what matters most (33:02)
- Managing the social pressure to acquire status symbols (35:33)
- Setting boundaries for social media (37:29)
- Embracing appreciation (40:46)
- Improving your spending patterns (44:10)
- Aligning your spending with your values (46:19)
- Rethinking early retirement (49:53)
- Andrew’s career as a high school teacher (52:49)
- The inspiration for writing Millionaire Teacher (55:09)
- What research shows about the benefits of working past 65 (1:04:15)
- Expanding your perception of time (1:07:12)
- Finding a sense of accomplishment and purpose (1:10:41)
- And much more
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com or 514-695-0096 ext.112
Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more!
Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
An Investor’s Guide to Expected Returns
Will I have enough money to retire comfortably? Am I on track? Should I be saving more? These are the types of questions clients bring to us daily. We turn to financial planning and modelling into the future using expected returns to answer them.
Navigating mortgages and high interest rates with specialist Morgan Englebretsen
Whether you’re a first-time home buyer or a seasoned real estate investor, understanding the intricacies of mortgages is a game-changer in your financial journey. With many potential pitfalls, confusing jargon, and seemingly endless options, proper guidance throughout the mortgage process is invaluable.
Debunking 8 common tax myths and misunderstandings (part 1)
Countering bad advice, especially during tax season, is crucial. So we reached out to expert and tax specialist Réginald Pierre-Louis to bust several tax myths and give you the facts to help ensure that you file accurate returns. His expertise can help ensure that you receive money the government owes you and avoid penalties for underreporting.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.
3535 St-Charles Blvd.