Laying a Strong Foundation: Financial Planning for 25 to 35 Year Olds
About This Episode
Now that you know the key obstacles that can derail you, we’re switching gears and starting to look at the planning and building side of becoming an empowered investor. Today we’re kicking things off with our series on one of the two key roadmaps for the empowered investor, financial planning.
Creating a financial plan is an essential step for every investor since it provides a framework and action plan for achieving your future goals. We want to get down to the details so we’re breaking up this topic into age brackets, starting with planning for 25 to 35-year-olds.
On this episode, Keith and Marcelo talk about the foundational concepts behind financial planning, why it is crucial for the empowered investor, key financial principles you should focus on between ages 25 to 35, our main recommendations for 25 to 35-year-olds, and more!
Be sure to join us for our next episode as we continue our mini-series on financial planning. Thank you for listening!
- Recapping what we’ve covered so far on the show (1:04)
- What is financial planning? (4:42)
- Differentiating between a financial plan and an investment plan (5:33)
- The six main sections you need to consider in your financial plan (6:55)
- Why financial planning is so important for the empowered investor (7:53)
- The three main areas of financial focus for 25 to 35-year-olds (9:12)
- Key financial principles you should focus on between ages 25 to 35 (10:54)
- The biggest obstacles to good financial planning in the 25 to 35 age bracket (13:23)
- Our main recommendations for 25 to 35-year-olds (15:08)
- Why you need to save at least 15-20% of your income (16:03)
- How to know if you’re saving enough (18:06)
- Why awareness is crucial for good financial planning (19:51)
- What you need to know about compound growth (20:51)
- Why planning is so important in the empowered investor dialogue (23:12)
- The consequences of not having a plan during your 25-35 years (24:49)
- Our biggest takeaways for 25 to 35-year-olds (26:04)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112
Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more!
Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
An Investor’s Guide to Expected Returns
Will I have enough money to retire comfortably? Am I on track? Should I be saving more? These are the types of questions clients bring to us daily. We turn to financial planning and modelling into the future using expected returns to answer them.
Navigating mortgages and high interest rates with specialist Morgan Englebretsen
Whether you’re a first-time home buyer or a seasoned real estate investor, understanding the intricacies of mortgages is a game-changer in your financial journey. With many potential pitfalls, confusing jargon, and seemingly endless options, proper guidance throughout the mortgage process is invaluable.
Debunking 8 common tax myths and misunderstandings (part 1)
Countering bad advice, especially during tax season, is crucial. So we reached out to expert and tax specialist Réginald Pierre-Louis to bust several tax myths and give you the facts to help ensure that you file accurate returns. His expertise can help ensure that you receive money the government owes you and avoid penalties for underreporting.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.
3535 St-Charles Blvd.