Ep.7 Laying a Strong Foundation: Planning for 25 to 35 Year Olds
Now that you know the key obstacles that can derail you, we’re switching gears and starting to look at the planning and building side of becoming an empowered investor. Today we’re kicking things off with our series on one of the two key roadmaps for the empowered investor, financial planning.
Creating a financial plan is an essential step for every investor since it provides a framework and action plan for achieving your future goals. We want to get down to the details so we’re breaking up this topic into age brackets, starting with planning for 25 to 35-year-olds.
On this episode, Keith and Marcelo talk about the foundational concepts behind financial planning, why it is crucial for the empowered investor, key financial principles you should focus on between ages 25 to 35, our main recommendations for 25 to 35-year-olds, and more!
Be sure to join us for our next episode as we continue our mini-series on financial planning. Thank you for listening!
- Recapping what we’ve covered so far on the show (1:04)
- What is financial planning? (4:42)
- Differentiating between a financial plan and an investment plan (5:33)
- The six main sections you need to consider in your financial plan (6:55)
- Why financial planning is so important for the empowered investor (7:53)
- The three main areas of financial focus for 25 to 35-year-olds (9:12)
- Key financial principles you should focus on between ages 25 to 35 (10:54)
- The biggest obstacles to good financial planning in the 25 to 35 age bracket (13:23)
- Our main recommendations for 25 to 35-year-olds (15:08)
- Why you need to save at least 15-20% of your income (16:03)
- How to know if you’re saving enough (18:06)
- Why awareness is crucial for good financial planning (19:51)
- What you need to know about compound growth (20:51)
- Why planning is so important in the empowered investor dialogue (23:12)
- The consequences of not having a plan during your 25-35 years (24:49)
- Our biggest takeaways for 25 to 35-year-olds (26:04)
- And much more!
Mentioned in this Episode:
Thanks for Listening!