Net Worth Boom and Inflation
About This Episode
- Why client annual reviews have been especially positive this year (2:43)
- Spectacular net worth gains in 2020/21 (3:47)
- What the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report 2021 revealed about the net worth of Canadians (4:55)
- The three main factors that contributed to the growth of wealth (6:02)
- How the growth of wealth in Canada compared to the decline of the economy (8:03)
- What the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report highlights about wealth inequality (9:10)
- Unprecedented stock market performance during the pandemic (10:31)
- The current state of the Canadian real estate market (12:19)
- How the real estate market factors into the growth of wealth (13:40)
- Comparing Canadian and US house prices (15:06)
- Why investors need to be aware of how inflation impacts their finances (17:21)
- My experience with high inflation in the 1970s (18:45)
- Opposing expert views on inflation (20:29)
- How increasing inflation in the past year has affected Canadians (22:24)
- Why we can’t predict the outlook for inflation (24:22)
- The role our collective psychology plays in how the economy functions (25:14)
- The potential impact of inflation on your portfolio (27:02)
- Why diversification is one of the best tools for strengthening your portfolio (28:47)
- Keeping realistic expectations (29:49)
Thanks for Listening!
In this episode, Marcelo, Ruben and Keith talk about how the Delta variant has impacted investors so far, what we’ve seen in the bond and stock markets, the pitfalls you need to avoid as an investor, why your investment philosophy is your biggest asset, and so much more!
On this episode, Marcelo, Lawrence and Keith discuss how robo-advisors work, the opportunities that robo-advisors have created for Canadian investors, the advantages and risks of using a robo-advisor, and so much more!
With increasing global connectedness, the world today is smaller than it’s ever been. Countries are coming together to share information in a global trend towards greater transparency and with that, undeclared assets are much more likely to be discovered. So if you’ve found yourself in a situation with undeclared assets, what can you do to get on the right side of things?