Net Worth Boom and Inflation
About This Episode
- Why client annual reviews have been especially positive this year (2:43)
- Spectacular net worth gains in 2020/21 (3:47)
- What the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report 2021 revealed about the net worth of Canadians (4:55)
- The three main factors that contributed to the growth of wealth (6:02)
- How the growth of wealth in Canada compared to the decline of the economy (8:03)
- What the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report highlights about wealth inequality (9:10)
- Unprecedented stock market performance during the pandemic (10:31)
- The current state of the Canadian real estate market (12:19)
- How the real estate market factors into the growth of wealth (13:40)
- Comparing Canadian and US house prices (15:06)
- Why investors need to be aware of how inflation impacts their finances (17:21)
- My experience with high inflation in the 1970s (18:45)
- Opposing expert views on inflation (20:29)
- How increasing inflation in the past year has affected Canadians (22:24)
- Why we can’t predict the outlook for inflation (24:22)
- The role our collective psychology plays in how the economy functions (25:14)
- The potential impact of inflation on your portfolio (27:02)
- Why diversification is one of the best tools for strengthening your portfolio (28:47)
- Keeping realistic expectations (29:49)
Thanks for Listening!
In this episode, we dissect the intricate world of dividend investing, breaking down common assumptions and exploring its role within a well-rounded investment strategy.
How much should you invest in different global markets? We dive into the nuances of valuations and expected returns adding clarity and confidence in global diversified portfolios.
Learn the benefits of global diversification for Canadian investors along with actionable strategies to gain better returns with less volatility.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.