Why Global Diversification is Good for Canadian Investors
The Benefits of Global Diversification
In today’s episode, we highlight the benefits of global diversification for Canadian investors. We highlight actionable strategies for Canadians looking to invest outside their home turf, making the once-challenging access to US and international markets more straightforward and affordable.
We start by reviewing the groundbreaking work by Henry Markowitz on modern portfolio theory, illuminating how diversification can help you gain better returns with less volatility. We discuss the Canadian investor tendency towards home bias in investments and discuss the merits of looking beyond national borders.
Wrapping up the episode, we point to a recent Vanguard report that outlines the ideal equity allocation for Canadian investors.
Join your hosts Keith & Marcelo as they guide you through this intricate yet vital topic, helping you craft a global investment strategy that’s well-rounded and research-based.
Global Diversification for Better Returns
- Why Canadian investors should consider global diversification for better returns (1:46)
- How diversification enhances returns while reducing risk (5:47)
- Exploring the home bias among Canadians and its effect on their portfolios (13:13)
- Global investors favor home markets; Americans least biased, Australians and Canadians most biased (16:48)
- Assessing concentration risks in the Canadian equity market (20:41)
- Analyzing Vanguard Report’s endorsement for global diversification in Canadian portfolios (22:54)
- Review of Vanguard’s recommended global allocation for Canadian investors: 30% Canadian equity, 70% international (US, EAFE & Emerging Markets)
- Why it’s easier than ever for Canadians to build globally diversified portfolios (26:53)
Mentioned in this Episode:
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112 Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more! Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
In this episode, we dissect the intricate world of dividend investing, breaking down common assumptions and exploring its role within a well-rounded investment strategy.
How much should you invest in different global markets? We dive into the nuances of valuations and expected returns adding clarity and confidence in global diversified portfolios.
Is your brain tricking you and influencing your investment choices,perhaps leading you astray? Join us as we explore the role of behavioural biases and their profound impact on investment decisions.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.