How To Manage Your Portfolio During Turbulent Times
About This Episode
- Introducing today’s topic and the four themes we’ll be covering (0:48)
- Why many investors might be wondering if it’s time to adjust their portfolio (1:56)
- What are tactical asset allocation strategies? (3:39)
- Testing our hypothesis about the effectiveness of moving money around (6:54)
- Tactical allocation versus balanced fund returns over the last 20 years (8:04)
- Adjusting for survivorship bias amongst tactical allocation funds (10:16)
- How portfolio structure trumps trading (13:28)
- Why outperforming the market consistently is highly unlikely (15:01)
- Market timing and the massive impact it has on your portfolio (17:36)
- The long-term value of consistency (21:44)
- Diminishing returns from tactical allocation (23:15)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112 Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more! Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
In this episode, Steve and Keith talk about what it means to have a supply issue in the housing market, the effect of current policies around housing, why the supply side needs to be addressed, policy changes that are needed to create more affordable housing options, and so much more!
Chasing performance is what happens when you see a stock or sector performing well or other investors reaping big rewards so you decide to buy in at the high levels. It’s not at all a new phenomenon as there are always stocks with new and exciting stories inducing the fear of missing out.
In this episode, Heather and Keith talk about her motivation for writing The Wheel of Wellness, the changing public perception of wellness, the role of genetics versus lifestyle in longevity, how to start the journey of finding your purpose, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!