Mid-year investment review: inflation down, resilient economy, stocks up!
Recession concerns haven’t materialized
As of now, recession concerns haven’t materialized as many had predicted six months to one year ago. In 2023, portfolios are positive so far, with most asset classes having positive year-to-date returns including; bonds, Canadian, US and international stocks. The development and growing influence of artificial intelligence is capturing investors’ imaginations, and creating investor enthusiasm.
In this episode Marcelo and Keith discuss year-to-date investment observations that include; why investors should stay clear of investment narratives, why investors should continue investing on a global basis, the performance of growth versus value stocks, investor benefits of opening economies, and the challenges and opportunities posed by higher interest rates.
Thank you for listening!
The economy’s continued resilience and growth
- The economy’s continued resilience and growth (3:31)
- How Chat GPT managed to generate stunning, effortless poetry (7:08)
- Why diversification remains crucial despite recent outsized growth by a few companies (9:31)
- Ups and downs in the battle between growth and value (13:13)
- Why you should be cautious trying to use any narratives to predict market performance (15:36)
- How global diversification protects against long-term underperformance of one particular region(20:54)
- Diversifying and sticking to your plan to produce better returns while reducing stress (24:33)
Mentioned in this Episode:
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112 Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more! Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Do emotions play a pivotal role in shaping our financial choices, and influencing our long-term outcomes? We deep dive into this book to learn more!
Lifestyle creep—a subtle increase in expenses as income grows—could be impacting your financial future and threatening your retirement more than you realize.
Retirement has the potential to be the happiest phase of one’s life. Learn how retirees can uncover their unique paths to a gratifying and purposeful retirement.
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.