Navigating mortgages and high interest rates with specialist Morgan Englebretsen
Understand the Intricacies of Mortgages
Whether you’re a first-time home buyer or a seasoned real estate investor, understanding the intricacies of mortgages is a game-changer in your financial journey. Navigating the mortgage journey can be an intimidating experience, and mistakes can have long-lasting consequences.
With many potential pitfalls, confusing jargon, and seemingly endless options, proper guidance throughout the mortgage process is invaluable. Today we’re joined by experienced independent mortgage broker Morgan Englebretsen to break down the ins and outs of mortgages, ensuring that you have the knowledge you need to make informed decisions.
In this episode, Morgan and Marcelo discuss how to get ready for the mortgage process, strategies you can use to save money, why it’s sometimes worth it to get a higher interest rate, how to decide how much of a deposit to make, the benefits of working with a mortgage broker, what to think about when deciding between lenders, the fixed and variable costs of buying a property,
Morgan’s advice for a first-time home buyer and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
The Benefits of Working with a Mortgage Broker
- Why it’s valuable to get an independent perspective on mortgages (1:25)
- How Morgan moved from automotive financing to home financing (4:12)
- Growing up in a rational environment with both parents as academics (5:30)
- The behavioural aspect of financial decision-making (6:55)
- What does an independent mortgage broker do? (8:20)
- The primary benefits of working with an independent mortgage broker and a lender (10:10)
- How independent mortgage brokers can offer their services for free (12:01)
- The increasing number of Canadians using mortgage brokers (13:33)
- The hidden benefits of working with a mortgage broker (15:40)
- All lenders are not created equal (17:36)
- How to choose the best lender for you (21:50)
- The fixed and variable costs of buying a property (23:44)
- The biggest pain points for Canadian home buyers right now (27:46)
- Morgan’s advice for a first-time home buyer (31:42)
- The benefits of a holistic approach to your finances (34:42)
- How you can save yourself some money with your mortgage (39:42)
- What to do to get ready for taking a mortgage (44:45)
- Different ways to leverage the equity in your home (46:26)
- And much more!
Mentioned in this Episode:
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112 Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more! Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
In this episode, we dissect the intricate world of dividend investing, breaking down common assumptions and exploring its role within a well-rounded investment strategy.
Is your brain tricking you and influencing your investment choices,perhaps leading you astray? Join us as we explore the role of behavioural biases and their profound impact on investment decisions.
Do emotions play a pivotal role in shaping our financial choices, and influencing our long-term outcomes? We deep dive into this book to learn more!
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.