The 4 Criteria to Evaluate Financial Advice
“Price is what you pay, but value is what you get.”
~ Warren Buffet
What’s the marker or gauge to value financial advice? How do investors value the benefits they receive when working with a financial advisor or advisory firm?
When working with an investment advisor & financial planning service provider, so much of the value provided is intangible, making it difficult to quantify. At the same time, it’s crucial to be able to evaluate the service so that you can ensure you’re satisfied with the value you receive.
In this episode, Marcelo and Keith explore the concept of value of financial advice by looking at how it has been historically valued, and then introducing an evaluation framework called the 4 Cs of value of advice. This framework will help today’s investors evaluate value in a world of expanding wealth management needs.
Also listen to 15 Questions to ask when Choosing a Financial Advisor for more tips to choose the best financial advisor for your needs.
How to evaluate Financial Advisors
- Understanding how to value intangibles like professional services (3:05)
- Three ways financial advice was valued historically (4:27)
- What research shows about active vs. passive investing (5:57)
- The evolution of financial advice (7:43)
- The 4 Cs framework (competence, coaching, convenience & continuity) for evaluating the value of financial advice (8:44)
- Characteristics that show competence in investing, financial planning, and tax/estate planning (10:16)
- How investors can benefit from getting good coaching from their advisor (14:11)
- What convenience looks like in financial services (17:28)
- The value-add brought by continuity for investors (19:16)
- Outcomes for investors who get the 4 Cs (22:17)
- Our key takeaways (24:36)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112 Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more! Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Can you quantify the value of financial advice? Dive into the intricate relationship between financial advice and investment success, featuring the insightful expertise of Emile Bouchard from Vanguard.
How did the key financial events of 2023 shape the investment landscape? What lessons can investors take from these developments as we move into 2024? Join us in this episode as we delve into these questions and more.
Are we learning from history or repeating the same patterns in different contexts? How does understanding human behavior enhance our investment strategies? Can the past unlock secrets for future financial success?
Stay on top of your financial education
Subcribe and follow to get updates on important wealth management topics.