Episode 31: Wealth & Real Estate: Part 3 – Urban & City Living
For part three, we’re going in a new direction and talking about urban and city living. Canada has some phenomenal cities and city living is a lifestyle choice that many people are attracted to. Today we’re joined by Christina Miller of Christina Miller Real Estate Group to help us navigate the city real estate market, from condo towers to duplexes, single-family homes, and more.
Christina comes from a truly entrepreneurial background and as a top Westmount real estate agent, she has sold over $1 billion in real estate since 2006. She attributes her success to consistently delivering the highest level of customer service, integrity, and expertise to ensure her clients get the most out of their luxury investment
In this episode, Christina and I talk about the benefits of city living, Christina’s entrepreneurial foundation, what buyers and sellers need to know about the current state of the urban real estate market, the types of properties that are in high demand, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
- Why we’re talking about city and urban living (1:26)
- Introducing Christina Miller (2:15)
- Christina’s entrepreneurial roots (4:29)
- Christina’s path from the non-profit sector to running her own business (6:16)
- Why Christina chose a career in real estate (7:14)
- Christina’s experience as a real estate professional at the start of the pandemic (9:15)
- The main categories of city living (11:43)
- Current trends in the Canadian real estate market (12:32)
- Why people are staying in the city (14:39)
- The unique benefits of city living (17:04)
- What the selling process is like right now (19:17)
- The types of urban real estate that are in high demand (20:41)
- The main driver of the shortage of single-family homes in urban areas (22:25)
- How the NIMBY effect impacts urban real estate (24:00)
- Christina’s top recommendation for people wanting to buy into urban areas (25:06)
- Why this market is difficult for buyer brokers (26:16)
- How the team at Christina Miller Real Estate Group serves buyers and sellers (26:49)
- Seller strategies that are working well right now (27:24)
- The benefits of working with a real estate broker (29:14)
- How blind bidding provides an advantage to sellers (31:01)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!