Wealth & Real Estate: Urban & City Living
About This Episode
In the first two parts of our wealth and real estate series, we looked at residential real estate, specifically the suburbs. Within those episodes, we explored the key things you need to know both from an upsizing and a downsizing perspective.
For part three, we’re going in a new direction and talking about urban and city living. Canada has some phenomenal cities and city living is a lifestyle choice that many people are attracted to. Today we’re joined by Christina Miller of Christina Miller Real Estate Group to help us navigate the city real estate market, from condo towers to duplexes, single-family homes, and more.
Christina comes from a truly entrepreneurial background and as a top Westmount real estate agent, she has sold over $1 billion in real estate since 2006. She attributes her success to consistently delivering the highest level of customer service, integrity, and expertise to ensure her clients get the most out of their luxury investment
In this episode, Christina and I talk about the benefits of city living, Christina’s entrepreneurial foundation, what buyers and sellers need to know about the current state of the urban real estate market, the types of properties that are in high demand, and so much more!
Thank you for listening!
- Why we’re talking about city and urban living (1:26)
- Introducing Christina Miller (2:15)
- Christina’s entrepreneurial roots (4:29)
- Christina’s path from the non-profit sector to running her own business (6:16)
- Why Christina chose a career in real estate (7:14)
- Christina’s experience as a real estate professional at the start of the pandemic (9:15)
- The main categories of city living (11:43)
- Current trends in the Canadian real estate market (12:32)
- Why people are staying in the city (14:39)
- The unique benefits of city living (17:04)
- What the selling process is like right now (19:17)
- The types of urban real estate that are in high demand (20:41)
- The main driver of the shortage of single-family homes in urban areas (22:25)
- How the NIMBY effect impacts urban real estate (24:00)
- Christina’s top recommendation for people wanting to buy into urban areas (25:06)
- Why this market is difficult for buyer brokers (26:16)
- How the team at Christina Miller Real Estate Group serves buyers and sellers (26:49)
- Seller strategies that are working well right now (27:24)
- The benefits of working with a real estate broker (29:14)
- How blind bidding provides an advantage to sellers (31:01)
- And much more!
Thanks for Listening!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-695-0096 ext.112
Follow Tulett, Matthews & Associates on social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and more!
Follow The Empowered Investor on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Should you Die with Zero?
You’ve worked hard for your money, and you should optimize it by maximizing the life experiences that bring you purpose and fulfilment – in today’s podcast we discuss Bill Perkins’ book around this concept.
Teaching Kids About Money with Will Rainey
How can you teach kids about money at any age give and give them a strong financial foundation? Today we’re joined by Will Rainey, a writer and speaker focused on helping parents and grandparents teach their kids and grandkids about money.
Important RRIF Options to Consider for Retirement Planning
Today we discuss critical factors to think about to optimize your RRIF strategy and the significant impact that strategic planning can have on your estate value.
3535 St-Charles Blvd.