Associate Pursuing a Wealth Management Career
Location: Kirkland, QC
When you envision your ideal career in finance …
- Would you be interested in becoming a valued and valuable team member at a ferociously client-focused Montreal-based wealth management firm?
- Is your calling, like ours, to serve as a proactive problem-solver, applying active listening and diligent follow-through to help us prioritize our clients’ financial well-being?
- Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a harmonious, team-oriented culture, where we encourage and support personal and professional growth?
- Do you possess a keen intellectual curiosity, with a love to learn for learning’s sake?
If so, please read on to learn more about our new associate position.
Founded in 1995, Tulett, Matthews & Associates is an independent, Montreal-based firm that empowers Canadian professionals, executives, entrepreneurs, and retirees through our integrated wealth management solutions. Our tailored services include portfolio management, financial planning, tax planning, and additional care as warranted.
At the heart of our success is our client focus, exemplified through objective advice, integrated planning, and evidence-based strategies – all delivered with a personal touch.
More than just a place to learn from the best, we are committed to providing you with exceptional mentorship, training, and development opportunities. We’re located in the West Island of Montreal, in a professional, bright workspace offering a positive atmosphere, ample parking, and convenient accessibility to public transport and amenities.
About the Opportunity
Our newly created associate position is ideal for someone looking to embark on a career in wealth management, participate in a thriving business, and contribute to our ideal client experience.
In your first 2–3 years, you’ll build an exceptional foundation for a successful wealth management career while focusing on client service and operations. You will have the option to work from home one day per week. Over time, you could continue to grow your career in client service and operations, or work toward transitioning into one of the following roles:
- Client-facing advisor: Train to become an Associate Portfolio Manager (APM) or Portfolio Manager (PM).
- Portfolio administrator and trading specialist: Assist the trading team with portfolio oversight, rebalancing, and trade execution.
- Compliance support: Work with our Chief Compliance Officer on compliance oversight.
- Day-to-day client servicing and troubleshooting
- Handling all reoccurring transactions including set-up, cheque deposits, bank account linking, payment changes and client confirmations, and other similar duties.
- Reconciling daily client activity reports to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Supporting account opening and transfer activities
- Planning and prioritizing year-round client correspondence
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction and a timely response to their inquiries
(after first 2–3 years)
While still working in client service and operations, you will begin to assist the APM and PM teams with client servicing. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Attending APM and PM weekly advisory meetings
- Understanding evidence-based investing
- Preparing investment /performance research
- Participating in online investment conferences
- Preparing client meeting documents (portfolio and planning documents)
- Assisting with our firm’s podcasts: The Empowered Investor and L’investisseur Transformé
- You are a recent university graduate or with a keen interest and passion to pursue a wealth management career from the ground up.
- You are keen to continue your wealth management studies: CIM, CFA, Pl. Fin etc.
- You are a team player with high levels of empathy.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented, with a strong aptitude for numbers.
- You have excellent client service skills and are committed to taking ownership over your client or project responsibilities.
- You are a strong communicator and relationship-builder who genuinely enjoys assisting and interacting with others.
- You are a proactive problem-solver and active listener; you work diligently to enhance client satisfaction through resourcefulness and a genuine curiosity.
- You possess a strong proficiency in computer software, especially Excel, Word, website maintenance, and client database administration.
- You are fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English and French.
- Total compensation (including potential bonus) between $55,000–$60,000/yr.
- Annual RRSP Contribution ($3,000/yr. up to 10 years and $5,000/yr. thereafter)
- Dental, health, drug, vision benefits
- Free on-site parking
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Two additional days off at Christmas holidays
- Paid sick days
- Emergency family support days
- Professional development courses covered
Please submit your cover letter and resume here: